Ephesians 1:20 + Colossians 1:11 + Psalm 59:17
he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience
You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
you, God, are my fortress,
my God on whom I can rely.
We live in a challenging world. Especially right now! In the face of so many challenges, God promises that His STRENGTH is available to those who will trust in Him. We have two options: Either we can face all these challenges in our own strength, or we can draw on Christ’s resurrection power to help us beyond ourselves. God provides the power to do things you alone could not do. He provides the strength to overcome things you alone could not overcome. He provides the strength to endure things you alone could not endure. Easter offers us Christ’s resurrection power in this world to change things that we alone could not change. God’s strength is available to all those who will put their trust in the risen Savior.
QUESTIONS TO PONDER
What is the biggest challenge you are facing today? Are you trying to handle this in your own power? In Philippians 4:13, Paul writes, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” How does this verse encourage you today?
God, You are my strong tower, deliverer, strength, and refuge. Forgive me for trying to do things in my own power and not coming to You for help, peace, comfort, or strength. Lord, I want to be like David and sing of Your faithfulness and strength in the morning. Thank You Lord that the same power that rose Christ Jesus from the dead is alive and living inside of me through your Holy Spirit. This is the same power that leads me to You and strengthens me to resist when I am tempted. When I come to You, You empower me to love, empower me to forgive, empower me to have strength to persevere, endure and run this race that You have set before me one day at a time. So, I ask that You empower me to keep my eyes on You, to worship Youi in Spirit and in Truth, and to have a testimony of Your goodness to those around me. I ask that I live today worthy of You Lord, that I will please You, and bear fruit in every good work. I ask that I grow in the knowledge of You and be strengthened with all power according to Your glorious might, so that I may have great endurance and patience. Thank You Lord for rescuing me and forgiving me of my sins. I pray these things for myself as well as for the greater church oh God. In the Name of Jesus Christ, I ask, amen.
- Pray for all the police, fire fighters, EMS workers, and volunteers: Pray that strength and power of the Holy Spirit will help them endure, persevere, and serve. Pray for their families to have peace and trust in the LORD. Pray that those who do not know the Lord yet, that they will believe by faith and receive Him.
- Pray for all our leaders: President Trump, Vice President Pence, Governor Whitmer all others – Pray for wisdom, unity, and clarity moving forward. Pray that they are surrounded with Godly people who will help, provide, and lead them into truth.
- Pray for all those in hospitals and at home struggling with COVID-19 and other health challenges. Pray for power and grace to lean into our Everlasting Father and draw upon the Holy Spirit’s power.
- Pray for hospital and medical workers. Pray for a wall of protection around them as they go out each day to serve. Pray they too will be ministered to.
- Pray a prayer of thankfulness for all those who are still out working so we have food to eat, trash picked up, running water, lights, internet, deliveries, etc.